Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I'm not a cyborg

Lately I've been thinking about transhumanism. It could be thought that we are cyborgs (cybernetic organisms) but we are not. We are techorgs (technological organisms). The difference between me, a techorg, and a cyborg is that the machines I'm using aren't implanted in me, but are external.


If my smartphone was a technology implanted in my brain via nanotechnology, then I would be a cyborg. Hence, the difference between a cyborg and a techorg is minimal. After all, technology is one of the most important characteristic of being human. A techorg and a cyborg are almost the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transhumanismo, un tipo de posthumanismo: ¡A la venta ya!

Me complace anunciar que el libro  Transhumanismo, un tipo de posthumanismo: Ensayos sobre transhumanismo y el debate bioético acerca de...